Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Ode to Your Mother

mother's day It's going to be my very first Mother's Day this year. So, "Happy early Mother's Day!" to all you mothers out there.

You are to be admired. Really. The patience you have is outstanding, and the wisdom to know when that patience has reached its limit is a kind of wisdom reserved for Solomon himself.

I've been distracted thinking about my own mom as May 12th gets ready to make its appearance. Mom is exactly who I want to be when I grow up: independent, hard-working, street smart, numbers smart, lioness. I became very grateful, even for the strict curfews and making me speak for myself. All this retrospective thinking about my own mom hatched a fresh idea last night.

I want to sit down with one of you young mothers to talk about your own mom. We'll create a short video message you can share with her for Mother's Day. There's a twist in the plot, sure to pull at her heartstrings, but that's a secret kept between you and me for now. I'll let you know what it is when we talk more about your short film.



Interested? Here's all you have to do:
1. Comment below about the most important thing you've learned from your mom now that you're a mother yourself
2. Be willing to visit with me to film for an hour (I'll travel up to 3.5 hours outside of Columbus, Ohio).
3. Be a mom of a child 3-years old or younger (if you have more than one child, the others can be older but the youngest must be 3 or younger)
4. Be available to have me visit sometime during the dates of May 3rd-May 9th
5. Be willing to let me share your touching ode online

Submissions will be accepted until 11:59pm EDT Sunday, April 28th, 2013.
Only one entry per person. Email address will not be shared and must be included in order to contact you if you win. Winner will be selected and contacted April 29th.


I'd appreciate you sharing/recommending this "contest" with and to as many mothers you know and hopping on over to "Like" me on Facebook so you can see the final story when it's released. Here's a cute family story to prime the pump for sharing your mother memories.





No comments:

Post a Comment