Thursday, August 18, 2011

Featurette: Jimmy and Theresa Haring

Wedding videographers have been changing the way people view the industry over just the past five years or so. It has become about telling the couple's story and pulling out elements of their "couple personality" as found in fun moments between the bride and groom. In hoping to get up to speed with these great masters, I thought it would be fun to incorporate this idea into future wedding videos. Jimmy and Theresa were more than willing to let me try out this idea, to include me in some of their time together, and even let me try my hand at some directing. Their photographer, Emily Tong was also great at letting me sneak in a few things here and there in the midst of her work.

I knew this would be a fun wedding as Jimmy and Theresa's personalities should be considered "revolutionary". We heard about marriage as a revolutionary institution during the ceremony and partook in some fun contra dancing at the reception. What resulted was a fun video for them and a great learning experience for me.

1 comment:

  1. Leigh, you have given us such a precious keep-sake with this video. Artfully and thoughtfully done! We find ourselves reliving all the special moments and amazed at your editing skills. You really captured so much of what we loved about the day in a beautiful way. You're the greatest!!

    ReplyDelete