Thursday, August 18, 2011

Featurette: Ted and Christy Walsh

In an effort to create a more visually stimulating story, I've begun to branch out and offer to film the bride getting ready for her wedding. Christy was my first bride to let me do that with the new camera. Well, there's a little bit of backstory with this one. In meeting a new photographer friend, she mentioned that she had a groom interested in finding a videographer with whom to surprise his fiance. The couple had discussed having a wedding video made, but were going to opt to have a family member set up with a camera instead. Ted contacted me, we had a few covert meetings, and then it was showtime!

Christy was quite surprised when I showed up at her parent's house that morning and then let me follow her throughout the afternoon and again into the evening when her and Ted moved into celebrating their commitment to each other. This was a gorgeous wedding. There's no other way to say it and ended up providing us all with some beautiful and moving footage. Thanks again to Krista Piper for thinking of me and another great time of shooting together, special thanks to the Athletic Club of Columbus for a beautiful setting, and the ministers at Saint Joseph Cathedral for a regal ceremony setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment