Monday, August 27, 2012

X and Y Coordinates: The Larger Family

Videography is my forte. I love capturing emotion and telling stories in moving pictures. The camera I film with happens to be a photographers camera, which means I get confused for a photographer at many, scratch that, all of my weddings.

And so I daydream. What if I were a photographer? Well. My hair would look awesome. I would wear trendy clothes and everyone would feel I was their best friend and confidante. If I were to pretend I was a photographer, I would be a family photographer. Why? Because there's just something about getting family together to capture a specific moment in time.

Maybe family portraits are somewhat reminiscent for me of weddings. Maybe it's that I feel more comfortable in groups. Maybe because kids respond REALLY well when you also have grandparents and aunt and uncles in the mix. You can physco-analyze why I'm drawn to families to your heart's content and let me know what you find. Whatever it is, I thoroughly enjoy myself.

I met the Larger's at Inniswood Metro Park with a good hour or so of remaining daylight. The best part for me? Watching them arrive. I had been in touch with Debbie to help coordinate outfits and color schemes so everyone felt like a beauty queen (i.e. stud for the men), settled into their individual styles, and still coordinated between nuclear families. I made a few suggestions, sent over a few examples, and waited like a kid on Christmas Eve to see how it would play out.

I saw the family mingling at the entrance to the park and glanced through each of them. They chose teal (or blue), brown, and denim. As my eyes traveled from family member to family member, a big, goofy grin spread across my face. They had nailed it! I don't even need to go on from there as the pictures speak for themselves. Their personalities were as well coordinated as their clothing and just as soothing and natural. Ernie, Debbie, Matt, Jenn, Jacob, Marc, and Karin - you were all such a pleasure to take around the park. I'm going to have to use you all as my model family each year =)

1 comment: