Friday, July 6, 2012

Bottles and Balloons: Evie Turns One

Here's what I love about children: they just can't help but be themselves. These smiles are genuine and these quirky little faces are all their own. What I also love about children is their parents. How, in a fraction of a second, they're there to help you walk over the back of a chair because it looks like fun to you. How mom and dad are there to hold you so you forget all you really wanted to do was jump in the pond and swim with the ducks.

This is what I loved about my time with Evie and her mom and dad, Kristin and Colin. Sure, there were balloons and the most awesome smash cupcake you can imagine, but it's finding these little natural moments within it all that really, really make it for me. Like the "I'm such a movie start" moment, or the "I'm so proud of myself" moment. Photographing children is a neat reminder that even though you're an adult, you can still enjoy the small things in life. Like a child. Next time you put on your oversized sunglasses, you can have your own "I'm such a movie star" moment too!

1 comment:

  1. Leigh, your blog really says it well. One of the reasons I've so wanted photos of Evie as she grows is to capture all those little things that make Evie herself each step of the way as she grows!
    THANK YOU for being SO GOOD at truly capturing the essence of Evie at 1 year old!!

    ReplyDelete